MENDHAM TOWNSHIP RECREATION DEPARTMENT
2020-2021 Mendham Township
Ski Club Information Package
The Township of Mendham is happy to present our annual Ski/Snowboard program. Our ski club program is open to all children in Grades 6 through 12. This year, the program will continue to take place over six Sundays at Camelback Ski Resort in Tannersville, PA.
All registrations must be processed online at https://register.communitypass.net/reg/cat_program_list_detail.cfm?season_id=18372&program_id=1100309.
If you need assistance with the Community Pass registrations system please email David Guida at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to 48 hours for a response.
Transportation & Lift Tickets are included in registration. This program is fully supervised, but we still look for additional volunteer chaperones.
Program dates include January 3, 10, 24, 31 and February 7, 21.
Departure: 7:00 AM (please arrive at 6:45 AM)
Pick up: We will depart Camelback at 3:00 PM and arrive in Mendham at 4:00 PM
Both Departure and Pick up will take place at 18 West Main Street, Brookside, NJ at the Mendham Township Elementary School.
Price for six-week program: $592.00 (Increases due to COVID bussing and restrictions)
Price for six-week program: $372.00 (PARENT MUST PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION)
Price for six-week program: $262.00 (Township provides transport, no lift ticket – for season pass holders)
MAKE YOUR DECISION CAREFULLY. AFTER DECEMBER 4, WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE CHANGES IN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION AND NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO DRIVE YOUR CHILD!
- Mendham Township & Mendham Borough residents receive "IN TOWN" pricing. There is a $25.00 out of town fee applied to all out of town residents.
- Additionally, register by Friday, December 18, 2020 to avoid a $25.00 late fee. Registration MAY remain open past December 18 if there are spots available to fill a bus. Should we need to start a new bus, we will begin a waitlist and when there are enough participants, they will be released from the waitlist.
- There is the option to add on ski or snowboard lessons for $45 per week. These lessons are 90-minute lessons provided by the Camelback staff.
COVID UPDATES AND GUIDELINES FOR SKI CLUB
Due to the nature of COVID-19 and the everchanging Executive Orders and guidelines issued as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, please be sure to review the below PRIOR to registering for the ski club. The ski club is a very intricate program to put together and there are many moving parts that COVID-19 makes even more difficult. In order for this program to be effective in its operation, please only register if you are sure that you feel comfortable with the given protocols. No refunds will be given after ski club has begun for any reason other than medical reasons with a doctor’s note, or a complete closure/cancellation due to COVID-19.
This year, you may notice an increased cost. Transportation is extremely costly and operating it at half capacity makes it even more costly. This is a part of why no refunds will be issued except in the situations mentioned above, as all expenses – from staffing to busses and lift tickets - need to be covered.
We do not permit anyone to sign up by the trip – you must sign up for the entire session of ski club. Additionally, if you plan to drive your child to the mountain and leave them for the day, please contact David Guida. We will waive $220 from the cost of the trip.
Please take a moment to review the below:
- Temperature checks will be completed when entering the bus.
- Additionally, sanitizer will be provided for all participants upon entry to the bus.
- Busses will be seated every other seat (meaning each individual will have their own row).
- Masks will be required at all time on the bus.
- There will be no more than 25 participants on each bus. To eliminate possible exposure to COVID-19, we will take requests for bus placements if you are already in close contact with any individual on the trips.
- Requests (outside of grade) will be taken for individuals in close contact beyond ski club.
- More guidance is to come on this. However, we are anticipating that the lodge will have very limited access. A request is pending with Camelback to allow the busses to remain in the lots so that participants can return to the bus for breaks, and bring grab and go lunches to the bus. However, we have been guaranteed that the busses may return for lunch. So, skiiers not wishing to enter the lodge will be able to leave personal items on the bus, including lunch, and return during a designated time to eat.
- In the event of a closure of the State of New Jersey or Camelback prior to the start of ski club, full refunds will be given to all participants.
- In the event that an individual becomes injured and cannot attend ski club, a full prorated refund will be given.
- No refunds will be given for missed trips other than injuries or with a doctor’s note!
- In the event that there is a cancellation due to COVID-19, a refund will be given for each missed week. However, make ups will be scheduled where possible first.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions that you may have via email at email@example.com.