Maria Coppinger, Registrar
The Township Clerk is the Registrar of Vital Statistics in Mendham Township and as such manages Vital Records, which include the records of births, marriages and deaths that occurred in the Township, as well as accepting applications for Marriage Licenses.
CERTIFIED COPIES OF VITAL RECORDS
To obtain a copy of a birth, marriage or death certificate you must complete the Township request form, provide adequate identification and pay the required fee of $25.00 per copy. You may obtain a copy of the form by clicking here. Please call for an appointment 973 543-4555 x 211.
It is strongly recommended that you call ahead to schedule an appointment to assure that the Registrar or Deputy Registrar is available to take the application. They are the only employees in Town Hall who, by law, can accept a marriage license application. Please call for an appointment 973-543-4555 x 211.
- Not be a party to another civil union, domestic partnership or marriage in this state or recognized by this state;
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Where to apply
- Apply for the marriage license in the New Jersey municipality where either party resides. The license is valid throughout New Jersey.
- If neither applicant is a New Jersey resident, submit the application in the municipality where the marriage ceremony will be performed. In this case, the license is only valid in the issuing municipality.
- Proof of identity by presenting your driver's license, passport or state/federal identifcation
- Proof of residency
- Social Security Number*
- A witness, 18 Years of age or older
- $28 application fee; payable by check, cash or money order.