INFORMATION ON FLU PREVENTION
Prevent the Spread of the Flu
Protect yourself and loved ones against the flu by following the simple steps below:
• The flu vaccine is recommended for everyone 6 months of age and older once a year.
Cover coughs and sneezes.
• Use tissues, not your hands, to cover coughs and sneezes.
• Throw tissue away and wash your hands immediately.
• If you don’t have tissue, cough or sneeze into the inside of your elbow.
Wash hands frequently.
• Wet hands with warm water and add soap.
• Scrub for 20 seconds.
• Rinse well and dry with a paper towel. Use a paper towel to turn faucets off and to open restroom doors.
• Use alcohol based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
Keep sick people away from healthy people.
• Stay home if you are sick.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid large crowds during the flu season.
Clean commonly shared items.
• Phones, toys, light switches, remote controls, doorknobs, etc.
For more information visit: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/index.html or contact the Mendham Township Health Department at (973) 543-4555.