Ad Hoc Communications Committee Results
Release Date: July 12, 2018
Survey Results and Recommendations by the Committee
Survey Results: Key Takeaways
- There were 549 responses and 85% of respondents opted-in to receive town communications, nearly doubling the number of residents on the list.
- Residents are generally satisfied with communications, but there are areas for improvement.
- Residents are interested in regular communications from the township.
- Opportunities to improve include Website improvements, structured regular communications on town information, and informal events/ polls to increase input into the town.
- E-mail, followed by the town Website and the “About Mendham” (unofficial)
- Facebook page are the top sources for information and awareness
- Recreation, recycling and the Township Committee are the top areas of interest.
- Nearly half (44%) of respondents use the Website at least monthly, and most (52%) found it “somewhat helpful,” yet many found it hard to navigate or could not findthe information they needed, necessitating calling Town Hall.
- Residents are generally more satisfied with their ability to get information from the town than their ability to give input to the town.
Town Communication Responses