Please select a year.
Patriots' Path and Mendham Trails Hikes Scheduled For May 4th
Morris County Park Commission Offering Hikes on Patriots’ Path and Mendham Township Trails on Saturday, May 4th.
This is not a loop hike. Please try to car pool by leaving one car at Lewis Morris and drive another to the start point.
We will have limited van shuttle service to get hikers back to their cars if you park at the starting point.
Please bring water, a snack and good hiking shoes. Please click here for Hikers Release Form. Please bring this form with you the day of hike.
- Route 1 click here for map is a 9 mile hike originating at the trail head of the Buttermilk Falls Natural Area on Calais Rd in Mendham Township. Use your favorite map website for directions to 14 Calais Rd, Mendham, 07945. From center of Mendham (Black Horse Inn) turn down Mountain Ave, drive 2+ miles, at top of hill look for trail head on left.
- Start time is 9AM
- Route 2 -Cancelled Due To Low Turnout is a 12+ mile hike starting at Lewis Morris Park, Sunrise Lake boat house area. UseMCPC website for directions. Start time is 9AM
- Hikers will start on Patriots’ Path White trail then on PP Blue trail into Mendham Borough and pausing at the Borough Park on Mountain Ave.
- Van shuttle will take hikers up Mountain Ave and Calais Rd to the trail head for Buttermilk Falls. The hikers will continue as those in Route 1 above back to Sunrise Lake at Lewis Morris.
- Please indicate that you will choose this route so as to allow us to prepare for the needed van service.
- Do bring water, a snack (we will have a lunch break) and good shoes.
- Start time is 9AM (same place and time as Route 2).
- Hikers will follow Patriots’ Path White and the Blue trails through Mendham Borough, NOT pausing at Mountain Ave, and continue on PP Blue.
- At the trail intersection with Mendham’s Yellow trail, hikers will proceed through the India Brook Natural Area, crossing back over India Brook and into Buttermilk Falls Natural Area.
- Hikers will then follow as did Route 1&2 on Yellow/White into Randolph and the Patriots’ Path back to Lewis Morris.
- Please bring water, a snack and good hiking shoes-----this will be long!
- We will plan to have drop-out points at a few road or trail intersections. Russ Nee, MCPC Trails Foreman will coordinate pickups and call upon Park Police as necessary. Cell phone = 862-219-0366.
- Route 3 click here for map is planned to be a hike of about 15 miles starting at MCPC Lewis Morris Park, Sunrise Lake.
- FOR ALL HIKERS Mileage is approximate.
Please email Tom Edmunds at tedmunds@MorrisParks.net indicating your choice of group (you can switch at the hike).
If at last minute you know you cannot make the hike, call my cell on Saturday May 4, 973-479-2467.
Morris County Park Commission
P.O. Box 1295, Morristown, NJ 07962-1295
353 East Hanover Ave, Morristown, New Jersey, 07962
O: 973.326.7624 || F: 973.644.2726 || C: