Spring Brush Pick-Up, Monday, April 6
SPRING BRUSH PICK UP WILL BE ON MONDAY APRIL 6, 2020
The Township Public Works Department conducts a semi-annual brush collection program to help residents remove from their property the sticks, branches and brush that nature has caused to fall during the year. The program is designed primarily for homeowners who have little to no acreage on which to discard the materials, but is open to all Township residents. The Public Works crews will not collect excessive loads cleared from the property by private contractors.
If you have brush to be collected by the public works department please follow these simple guidelines:
- Place material at the side of the road by 7:00 a.m. (during the spring or fall collection period), with ends facing the roadway.
- Do not tie bundles with wire! Use string only.
- Do not put steel rods or any metal objects in with the wood.
- All material must fit through the chipper. That means bundles must be less than twelve inches in diameter and six feet in length.
- Please no tree stumps, and no logs over six feet long - they will not be collected
It is crucial that the above guidelines be followed. In the past, our men have been caught off guard when chipping bundles that contained wire and even metal rods, hidden inside the brush. This will damage the chipper or worse, cause serious injury to our workers.
Woodchips and Mulch
Woodchips (first cut pieces) and mulch (finer grade pieces).
Firewood is available (not split) 3 yard delivery capacity.
To request a delivery of fire wood, please call the DPW at (973) 543-4509 to have your name placed on the list.
Woodchips/Mulch Delivery (when available) by truck size:
$10 per cubic yard - When making a payment, please place checks in small plastic bags, not envelopes.
Mason Dump= 4 Yards
Single Axle= 8 Yards
Tandem= 16 Yards
Dump trailer= 34 Yards (must have large area to dump chips)
Questions? Please Call The Department of Public Works (973) 543-4509.