The Recreation Commission is working hard to lead a campaign to fund-raise $200,000 to Rebuild Ralston Playground. The Commission has partnered with the West Morris Junior Women's Club in this effort, and already raised $55,000, thanks to the generosity of the community!
The Recreation Commission is pleased to announce the following events and opportunities to support the playground campaign:
1) Ongoing: A Buy-a-Brick campaign is underway -- bricks cost $200 or $350 depending on the size. Or residents, can make a donation of any amount to the campaign through the West Morris Junior Women's Club Website: www.wmjwc.org.
2) May 6: The Junior Women's Club is holding a Kentucky Derby Party at Tranquillity Farm in Chester, with proceeds benefitting the playground. The event is from 4:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., with raffle baskets, mint juleps and big screen TVs to watch the race. Tickets are $60 per person and can be purchased online at: http://www.wmjwc.org/
3) June 3: A group of high school students have stepped up to plan a "carnival" event for kids, up to age 13, on Saturday, June 3, at Wysong Park, from 12:00 - 4:00 p.m., with games and a bake sale. For more information & a printable flyer click here.
4) June 4: A Sunday Fun Day brunch is being organized for Sunday, June 4, at Piattino restaurant. Tickets are $125 per person of $200 per couple. It's a four-course brunch and open bar, with a tricky tray. This event is being organized by a volunteer, Jennifer Dubeck, For more details and tickets, contact: email@example.com.
5) June 17: The 9th Annual Patriots 5K Race & Kids' Fun Run, organized by the Rec. Commission, is on Saturday, June 17. Residents can sign up at www.practicehard.com to run or walk the 5K or register young children for the Fun Run. Anyone can be a Race sponsor -- $100 minimum for businesses and $50 per family. For details on how to become a sponsor, contact Recreation Commission Vice Chair Amalia Duarte or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.