Mendham Township Administrator
2 West Main Street, P.O. Box 520
Brookside, New Jersey 07926
The general administration of the Township is managed by Township Administrator, Stephen Mountain. Mr. Mountain oversees all municipal departments, coordinates the day to day operations of the community and carries out the policies as set by the elected Township Committee.
Acting as the principal liaison between the Township Committee, township departments and the general public, the Township Administrator supervises a wide range of operational activities. The Administrator’s duties include:
· Execution and enforcement of Township ordinances, resolutions and other Committee policies.
· Management of Township personnel.
· Oversight of the Township’s purchasing program.
· Supervision of Township major capital improvement projects.
· Preparation of the Township’s annual budget and management of expenditures under the budget plan.
· Coordination of the Township’s open space acquisition program
· Solicitation of grant funding for various programs and projects.
· Oversight of the Township’s public information activities (including the website and Mendham TV).
· Oversight of various State Mandated programs (such as Stormwater Management, Recycling, Affordable Housing, etc.).
· General coordination of all citizen service requests.
· Various other activities as directed by the Township Committee.
Mr. Mountain is available by email (click to email
) or phone (973) 543-4555; Extension 115. Residents may also come by the municipal offices to meet with Mr. Mountain. Please contact his office at 973-543-4555 to schedule an appointment.
Stephen Mountain has served as Mendham Township Administrator since March 1997. Mr. Mountain has over 20 years of experience in municipal government. He received a bachelor’s degree from Clark University and a Masters in Public Administration from American University.