Back to Article List
New Afternoon Camp Program At Brookside Beach
Release Date: April 05, 2013
New Afternoon Camp Program at Brookside Beach
• June 24 – 7/31 (choose weekly sessions or all 6 wks) For children entering 3rd – 6th grade
•1-3pm, Mon/Tues/Wed afternoons
• Rain or shine, in inclement weather activities held in the Elementary School
Under the direction of Lori Dent, Recreation Director & Beach Director/Certified Teacher, Stephanie Mercogliano, Themed weeks, swimming, boating, arts-n-crafts, ultimate Frisbee, capture the flag, parachute games, scavenger hunts, Wiffle ball tournaments, volleyball, baggo and more! Add experienced staff & weekly themes listed above, it’s a recipe for a fun time in the sun! Space is limited, early registration before 6/1 is strongly recommended. Beach member’s $40 wk. per child, Non-Beach member’s is $50 wk. per child. For complete details, registration and health form go to www.mendhamtownship.org, Recreation/Brookside Beach/Camp
*Surf’s Up, Beach Party Blast* * Wild West* *Pirates of the Caribbean*
*Games Galore *Super Hero Week* *Zany Olympic Games*
More Brookside Beach Programming:
Pre-registration required! For details on fees and registration form please visit
ww.mendhamtownship.org under Recreation, Brookside Beach
• Laser Tag Party – Come celebrate the start of summer. 6/26th grades 4-8, 1-4pm
• Swim Team – (member of 10 team North Jersey Regional Lake League)
• Swim Lessons – New Learn to Swim Program Two separate (3) week sessions offered.
Session 1- Mon/Wed am, July 8 – July 24, 11:15am – 11:45am, Session 2- Mon/Wed am, August 5 – August 21, 11:15am – 11:45am. Afternoon and or private lessons upon request. Beach Members $60 pp per session, Non-members $75 pp per session.
• Brookside Beach Small Fry Club – for 5 & 6 yr. olds, directed by our Beach Director &
Certified Teacher. Children will enjoy arts-n-crafts, games, dinosaur digs, teddy bear picnic,
water play & more! Three week session offered Mon/Wed am, July 8 – July 24, 10:a.m. – 11:00am. Beach Members $60 pp per session, Non-members $75 pp. per session. Piggy back this program with our new Learn to Swim Program.
• Brookside Beach Canteen Program - for students entering 6th – 9th grade, Monday
night’s 6-8pm, 7/8 & 7/22 and addt’l dates in August TBA. Swimming, laser tag, organized games, activities, music, Baggo/Volleyball tournaments and more! Refreshment stand will be open! $10 Entry fee.
• Laser Tag on the Beach – An event not to be missed! 7/22nd complete with an inflatable city for children of all ages. Age 5-10 water squirts tag 5-6pm, $15 per person. Age 12 and up, laser tag, music
and bon-fire 6-9pm, $40 per person. Pre-registration REQUIRED, SPACE IS LIMITED, register early!