Back to Article List
Brookside Beach Is The Place To Be This Summer!
Release Date: April 05, 2013
Brookside Beach is the place to be this summer!
Come and see our new facility improvements.
A fantastic way to enjoy a summer filled with special events and family activities for all ages.
Become a member and save! Beach Membership affords patrons discounted rates on swim team membership, group party beach rental, weekly activities, contest events and more! The Beach is located at 16 West Main Street. Many new programs, activities and services have been added to Brookside Beach. Fees have been restructured to make membership an affordable option for our residents whether purchasing an individual, couple or a small or large family membership.
BROOKSIDE BEACH NEW OPERATING HOURS/FEES/PROGAMS & COMMUNITY EVENTS
The Beach will open with a Grand Opening Beach party Sat. May 25, and will operate
weekends only 6/1 & 6/2, 6/8 & 6/9, & 6/15 & 6/16 from 12:00pm-5:00pm. Official season opens
Friday 6/21 and will remain open 7 days a week 11:30am-6:30pm until 9/2. Beach membership sale starts April 1st, register early and save, use the Beach Buddy discount and save more! Resident fee’s before 6/1; Family of 3 or more $275; after 6/1 $300. Couple or Parent/Child fee before 6/1 $200; after 6/1 $225, Single before 6/1 $125, after 6/1 $150. Sr. Couple (62 +) $100, Sr. Single (62 +) $55. Swim Team Membership; Beach Member’s $110 per swimmer, $50 for 3rd swimmer, $275 family max. New Swim Lesson Clinics July & August details under programming.
Have a party at Brookside Beach, we offer group party rental and food package discounts
Brookside Beach offers:
• Sandy Beach for Family Recreation • Trained Staff and Certified Lifeguard Coverage
• Weekly Scheduled Water Quality Checks • Plenty of Parking, Restrooms/changing areas
• Snack Stand sells hot/cold food/drinks/desserts • New sound system so patrons can enjoy music
• Separate Lap and Swim Team areas • Picnic Area, Volleyball,Tetherball, horseshoes
Family Recreation Areas include: • Paddle Boat rentals
• Game Cards, and Game Boards available • Beach membership open and close party
• Outdoor Movie Nights, 6/28, 7/31 & 9/14 • Organized contests and ad-hoc games, arts-n-
music & activities start at 8pm movie at dusk crafts and activities for all age groups
If would like to get involved with planning events and activities, please join the “Friends of Brookside Beach Committee,” by contacting the Township Recreation Commission or Recreation Director Lori Dent.
New Afternoon Camp Program at Brookside Beach
• June 24 – 7/31 (choose weekly sessions or all 6 wks) For children entering 3rd – 6th grade
•1-3pm, Mon/Tues/Wed afternoons
• Rain or shine, in inclement weather activities held in the Elementary School
Under the direction of Lori Dent, Recreation Director & Beach Director/Certified Teacher, Stephanie Mercogliano, Themed weeks, swimming, boating, arts-n-crafts, ultimate Frisbee, capture the flag, parachute games, scavenger hunts, Wiffle ball tournaments, volleyball, baggo and more! Add experienced staff & weekly themes listed above, it’s a recipe for a fun time in the sun! Space is limited, early registration before 6/1 is strongly recommended. Beach member’s $40 wk. per child, Non-Beach member’s is $50 wk. per child. For complete details, registration and health form go to www.mendhamtownship.org, Recreation/Brookside Beach/Camp
*Surf’s Up, Beach Party Blast* * Wild West* *Pirates of the Caribbean*
*Games Galore *Super Hero Week* *Zany Olympic Games*
More Brookside Beach Programming:
Pre-registration required! For details on fees and registration form please visit
ww.mendhamtownship.org under Recreation, Brookside Beach
• Laser Tag Party – Come celebrate the start of summer. 6/26th grades 4-8, 1-4pm
• Swim Team – (member of 10 team North Jersey Regional Lake League)
• Swim Lessons – New Learn to Swim Program Two separate (3) week sessions offered.
Session 1- Mon/Wed am, July 8 – July 24, 11:15am – 11:45am, Session 2- Mon/Wed am, August 5 – August 21, 11:15am – 11:45am. Afternoon and or private lessons upon request. Beach Members $60 pp per session, Non-members $75 pp per session.
• Brookside Beach Small Fry Club – for 5 & 6 yr. olds, directed by our Beach Director &
Certified Teacher. Children will enjoy arts-n-crafts, games, dinosaur digs, teddy bear picnic,
water play & more! Three week session offered Mon/Wed am, July 8 – July 24, 10:a.m. – 11:00am. Beach Members $60 pp per session, Non-members $75 pp. per session. Piggy back this program with our new Learn to Swim Program.
• Brookside Beach Canteen Program - for students entering 6th – 9th grade, Monday
night’s 6-8pm, 7/8 & 7/22 and addt’l dates in August TBA. Swimming, laser tag, organized games, activities, music, Baggo/Volleyball tournaments and more! Refreshment stand will be open! $10 Entry fee.
• Laser Tag on the Beach – An event not to be missed! 7/22nd complete with an inflatable city for children of all ages. Age 5-10 water squirts tag 5-6pm, $15 per person. Age 12 and up, laser tag, music
and bon-fire 6-9pm, $40 per person. Pre-registration REQUIRED, SPACE IS LIMITED, register early!