State Department of Education to Give Talk on Regional School District
Representatives of the New Jersey Department of Education will visit the West Morris Regional High School district on Feb. 23 to make a formal presentation to interested residents on possible funding formula changes and reconfigurations in the West Morris Regional High School District.
Some of the items which will be discussed are as follows:
• Educational Impact: How quality is defined and present trends in education in the State of New Jersey
• Legislative and process resources to review the various processes involved in reconfiguration of the district and possible impacts of any changes
• Current tax laws, implications to changes in taxes
• State Approved accounting standards used in apportioning and determining costs in a district, particularly between two schools.
• Labor issues, particularly related to union contracts, impact on teachers within a district that are related to any possible reconfiguration of a school district.
• Costs associated with an effort to re-configure or withdrawal
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. and will be held in the auditorium of West Morris Mendham High School. All residents of our district are encouraged to attend.